These days everybody around us is striving for a better & healthy lifestyle. There are plenty of ways to eat healthier, but sometimes it helps to get away from processed foods and focus on whole foods instead. One way to do that is to incorporate dried fruit into your meals. These low-carb snacks have a big nutritional punch, promote weight loss, and taste great too!
What dry fruits are very good for you?
1. ALMOND: Almonds are known as a superfood. They are very low in calories. A100g of almonds only has around 576 kcal. They are rich in monounsaturated fats, vitamin E, magnesium, copper, phosphorus, potassium, iron, zinc, selenium, and manganese. Some research also suggests that consumption of almonds on a daily basis can also prevent heart disease.
2. PISTACHIO: Pistachio is a great dried fruit option for someone who loves to munch. It is very high in fibre so they tend to keep you full for a longer period of time. It also contains vitamin E, manganese, magnesium, calcium, potassium, and copper. A shallow amount of glycemic index is also present in them.
3. CASHEWS: Cashew nuts are another popular dried nut that keep you satiated for a longer time. They help you shed all those extra pounds as it is loaded with protein rich and fibre that boosts your metabolism.
Raisins are the little jewels of gem which have both low salt and weight loss properties in them. These dry fruits have high amounts of iodine. In 100 grams of raisins, you will find only 0.5 grams of fat and 299 kcal, making this a great snack for people who are trying to lose weight.
5. WALNUT: Walnuts are a unique type of dry fruit as they contain a high amount of good fats such as omega 3 fatty acids and alpha-linolenic acid (ALA). The healthy fats present in them are very good for your skin and hair. It stimulates digestion and keeps the hunger pangs at bay.
6. DATES: Dates are rich in flavour and very good for weight loss. This is because they have high fibre content, which will help to suppress your mid-day hunger pangs by making you feel full. As a result, you will be less prone to snacking between your meals. Dates are also beneficial as they provide your body with Vitamin B5. This vitamin is known for boosting your stamina, which means that you can exercise for a longer period, and work towards getting your ideal weight!
7. PEANUTS: Peanuts are other dry fruits that are consumed daily in one form or the other. It promotes weight loss, although it is high in fat and calories. The fibre and protein content in peanuts keeps you full for an extended period making it a perfect option to lose weight. It helps boost the metabolism in your body. But keep in mind that you need to consume them in moderation.
8. HAZELNUT: Hazelnuts have high fibre content as well as healthy fats, and both are very good for helping with weight loss. Like all the other high-fibre dry fruits in this article, Hazelnuts will also help you by making you feel full for hours after you eat them. Controlling your snacking can often be a great first step in losing weight!
9. APRICOTS: Apricots are loaded with vitamin A, C, K, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, folic acid, vitamin B6, biotin, and copper. They are also rich in dietary fibre, potassium, and vitamin B12.
10. BRAZIL NUTS: Brazil nuts have many properties that aid weight loss. They contain an essential amino acid known as L-arginine, which is very good for burning fat. It increases body metabolism and thus, prevents the accumulation of unhealthy fat. Brazil nuts have high amounts of certain minerals such as selenium, thiamine, phosphorus and magnesium which are all very good for the body to lose weight.